Co-organising the 2017 ICC WCF
World Chambers in Sydney
Sydney Business Chamber, a division of NSW Business Chamber, will co-organise the 2017 ICC WCF World Chambers Congress in Sydney, Australia on the 19 – 21 September 2017.
As a gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, Sydney offers world business the perfect location to connect.
Attendees will benefit from Sydney’s prime position as the hub for international business, education and cultural communities in the region. The city has an outstanding reputation for connecting experts and business through knowledge sharing and commercial opportunities.
Sydney will deliver a successful congress in a safe and stable environment. Experience a congress to remember in one of the most exciting and friendly cities in the world.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) World Chambers Federation (WCF) is a unique global forum uniting a powerful network of 12,000 chambers.
Chambers of commerce represent the strongest and most comprehensive of world business networks.
By helping members connect to international peers, exchange best practices, share knowledge and explore trade opportunities, the ICC WCF helps individual chambers to influence the economic success of a country
6 MILLION BUSINESSES CONNECT
VIA 12,000 CHAMBERS
FROM 130 COUNTRIES
World Chambers Congress
Organised by the ICC WCF, the world’s largest gathering of chambers of commerce is held every two years.
The Congress opens up exciting new opportunities and interconnections for the global community of business chambers and the businesses they represent.
This dynamic event is for global business leaders to accelerate collaboration and discuss transformational issues affecting business progress. The Congress is the only event of its scale and scope to support capacity building, share best practices, develop networks, encourage innovation and forge international trade connections.
The event also features the prestigious World Chambers Competition, which recognises the most innovative projects undertaken by chambers of commerce and industry worldwide.
The Congress will be held in Sydney from 19 – 21 September 2017.
Australian and Regional
Hosting the Congress in Sydney offers business communities of Australia and the Asia-Pacific region unparalleled access to global trade opportunities at the height of the Asian Century.
The Congress acts as your passport to world trade. It brings together the business community and international chamber network – the gateway to global export markets.
Collectively, Congress attendees and supporters have an unprecedented opportunity to play an active part in stimulating global trade progress.
Connecting Global Business – 2017 Congress
- 1000+ attendees from across the world.
- Attendee profile includes chamber representatives, multinational businesses and influential business leaders.
- Gateway to unprecedented business partnerships and trade opportunities.
- Innovation and best practice insights from leading international business icons – past speakers from the World Chambers Congress & Australian Chambers Business Congresses include:
- Michael E. Porter, a Professor at Harvard Business School and leading global authority on business strategy and competitiveness;
- John Lipsky, former acting Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund;
- Steve Wozniak, Co- Founder of Apple Inc.
- Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize winner and social entrepreneurship leader.
- Muhtar Kent, Chairman of the Board & CEO, The Coca Cola Company.
- Madeleine Albright, Former U.S. Secretary of State
- Demetrios Papademetrious, President of Migration Policy Institute Europe
- Mark Bollard, CEO, Marks & Spencer
- Unparalleled networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange on a local and global scale.
- Delivery of insights and tools through practical case studies and workshops.
- Recognition of the most innovative projects undertaken by chambers of commerce from around the world through the World Chamber Competition.
A Once-in-a-Lifetime Destination – Sydney
- Connects to most major cities worldwide with just one stop.
- Welcomes 40 million visitors annually through 1000+ flights a week.
- Truly multicultural with 200+ languages spoken.
- 60% of all Asia-Pacific companies’ regional headquarters are located in Sydney.
- 600+ multinationals domicile their Asia-Pacific operations here.
- Host to nearly 50% of Australia’s top 500 companies.
- Asia-Pacific’s leading conference destination, hosting top international events including the 2000 Olympic Games and APEC World Leaders Summit.
- Home to the world’s most beautiful harbour, the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.
- Gateway to Australia and the world’s oldest living culture.
- World-class shopping, adventure sports, art and culture.
- World-renown wines and Australian food experiences.
- 3,000 hotel rooms and serviced apartments within a 10-minute walk of the congress venue.